Friend of the Court - Conciliation

The parties may be ordered to meet with an FOC staff member who will help the parties resolve domestic relations issues. If the parties reach an agreement, a consent order is prepared, the parties sign it, and it is forwarded to the court for the judge’s signature. In the event the parties do not reach an agreement, the FOC staff

person prepares a recommended order. The recommended order is forwarded to the court for the judge’s signature and becomes a court order. Either party may object to the order. If either party files an objection within a certain number of days, a hearing is held. Even if an objection is filed, the order remains in effect.